I was looking for a cute and creative way to show case fresh flowers for dinner parties and decor around the house. I didn’t like anything I was seeing at the stores so I started browsing the web. I ran across some great ideas, when the idea of painted Mason Jars caught my eye.
These gold painted jars with a slight touch of glitter were just perfect! I decided to go with the gold, as the color goes really well with any color flower. The gold also adds a bit of vintage elegance to any setting. These jars make the perfect wedding center pieces (wish I had thought of these earlier for my wedding) or a nice way to spruce up your nightstand.
Here are steps on how to create them yourself. They are also available for sale on my etsy store – simplyshiao.
– Glass Jar ( I used a Mason Jar)
– Spray Paint (Color of your choice & Sealer)
– Masking Tape
1. Make sure you thoroughly clean your Jar and lay them upside down with the cap off. Spray paint your jar, applying at-least 2-3 coats of color.
2. Apply masking tape (I used a piece of paper and a hair tie to secure the paper in place) to where you want your glitter to start. Apply your glue and sprinkle your glitter on.
3. Spray a few coats of clear coat to ensure that the paint does not chip off and the glitter stays in place.